Thursday, April 14, 2016

Another One Down

We had our second (of three) home visits last night that went just as smoothly as the first.  This time, Matt and I were interviewed individually about all kinds of things--our childhood, our family, strengths and weaknesses, story of how we got together and traits of our marriage, etc.  I teased Matt because I went first and took about an hour, but he took more like 1 1/2 hours...and he's supposedly not a talker;)

Kids were a little more "normal" this time.  Had to speak to them a couple times, like when the boys decided to wrestle on the couch instead of do homework:), but for the most part they were calm and all went well.  They particularly enjoyed getting individual time with me while Matt was talking Allie's ear off! :)

Next up, we have our final visit in two weeks and then the agency will put everything together and send the homestudy to Small World's office and to us to review and make sure it all looks accurate.  Then we are on to dossier!!

Today we got to go get the bunk bed for the girls' room.  Julia was thrilled and wanted me and her to put them together immediately...well, after she cleaned her room.  I told her we'd probably wait for Matt, as some of the pieces needed fixing first, but she went ahead and cleaned and showed me her room.  She had displayed a few books on the floor so that when her sister comes home "she can come in and choose one" and put out some more babyish toys for her too.  I gently explained that we've still got many months to go and we could get things just right when it's closer to time to get her!  She is so ready.

Quick update on the fundraiser...amazingly to me, we have raised $7,020 so far!!  We are so thankful.

1 comment:

  1. "Matt's not a talker." I'm not sure if he's spoken 90 minutes total the entire time I've known him, lol.

    ReplyDelete