I am really into recording memories and keeping up with family photos. Each of my kids has plenty of albums of their babyhood, a notebook with things they said or did recorded, birthday letters, etc. It has always made me sad to think of an adopted child not having those memories to look back on, so I'm just so thankful that we will be able to make her a baby album too. It's a little thing, but important in some ways.
On top of that, after connecting with moms on the Little Flower facebook page, I got put in a group for parents with heart kids and chatted with some folks with similar situations there as well. We had also found out the name of the home our little girl has lived in since February and I got put into their "secret" facebook group too, where I made more connections! What an awesome network of encouragement are all these adoptive families! One from the secret page informed me there is a blog for the home and in no time, she found this for us: Our daughter on her 1st birthday. Amazing!
Barnette CI cannot wait to meet our newest granddaughter. Do you have an exact birthdate?
No comments:
Post a Comment