Tuesday, November 15, 2016

LOA!

We have been waiting almost a month since we were logged in to get the famous LOA, which I always think of as "Letter of Acceptance" but is really something like "Letter Seeking Confirmation from Adoptive Family".  Anyway, we got it yesterday!  This is just another step in the process, but an important one that enables us to file the I-800 with US Immigration so that Allie can come over and be our daughter.  We also get to apply for Chinese visas now and we're supposed to put the date of travel as 6 weeks from our application date...which stopped me in my tracks a bit...6 weeks...so not ready...but it will be more like 8-12 weeks when we actually travel.  Still thinking February after Chinese New Year.

Speaking of not feeling ready, I have just been nonstop going lately.  We had a second craft show last weekend and it was so busy getting ready for that while trying to fill orders from the last one.  And now we have another one next week and I'm still trying to fill orders.  And receiving orders.  We've raised 2/3 of the cost of the adoption, including grants which is just amazing.  And I love the painting.  But I don't have have time for ANYTHING.  So gotta try to get through this show and then it should be better just filling orders.  Yesterday I was driving to work and listening to a book on tape because, as mentioned before, I don't have time to read.  The cd finished and I couldn't reach the next so I put in a cd I made several years ago with songs that are really meaningful to me.  With nothing else filling my head, I let myself ponder all that's been going on lately, particularly Allie.  Tears immediately came to my eyes as I thought of the reality of what we're doing--the overwhelming part and the blessing part.  I realized I am going to need more time to process and in the car right before work is probably not my best option.  

Just can't even believe how God has worked out this thing I've been praying and hoping for for many years.  And like what's happened several times before, on this day I was feeling emotional and connected with the Lord, that afternoon I got the call about our LOA.  I know things are going to be hard, but he keeps showing me that he's right there showing his love to us through it all.  


No comments:

Post a Comment