Saturday, March 4, 2017

Ups and Downs

It's been lots of fun watching the older three kids bond with Allie.  They each love picking her up any chance they get, playing with her, and (the boys especially) giving her lots of kisses.





I think some of those kisses have given her a little cough, so she hasn't done her best sleeping lately and when I'm not getting sleep, things don't feel like they are going as well.  It definitely helps to get out and go somewhere in the morning.  Allie doesn't get as restless on those days and she's happier to play.  I think that's pretty typical of any toddler.  Sadly, our outings this week have all been to doctor appointments.





We have had check-ups with the pediatrician and cardiologist and gone back in to try to get blood work done.  We're trying to get to the bottom of her rash, but so far haven't come up with anything and haven't been able to get an appointment anytime soon with the dermatologist.

(treatment for her rash from head to toe...don't think it helped though)

In the meantime, we found out Allie's heart repair in China wasn't aggressive enough to enlarge some areas for blood flow and she'll need another open heart surgery to repair it again.  We thought she may have to have a small procedure when we got her home, but did not expect a full surgery till her adolescent years (which will still have to happen).  It's a bit scary, but talking online with a mom who had the exact same situation was helpful.  We are still waiting to figure out timing.  I keep remembering all my thanks to everyone for the donations and how I was particularly glad since we might have significant medical expenses when she got home, but I don't think I really thought that would happen.  It's hard to picture yourself in the hospital with a baby having heart surgery.  But here we are and this is our path right now, so we follow what the doctors tell us and will keep soaking up every day with our sweet girl, who is just blossoming every day and talking more and more.  The last few days she's started saying all her siblings names, Raven, Allie, night-night, peepee, and poop.

 Once when Gray told her to say 'Joshua' she said 'peepee,' which of course Gray was thrilled about.  Today the kids all got into riding her around in a box and even decorated the box and dubbed it the Allie-mobile.  They planned to have timed races, but she had to take a nap.  More adventures await you tomorrow, sweet girl!




No comments:

Post a Comment