The last week or so has been fairly ordinary...half day camps, errands, doctor appointment (which have become typical for us), play dates, and hanging out at home. I've hardly taken any pictures. We have had a few unusual things though...
-Kids' Night Out game night for 2nd-3rd graders... started out great with board games and quickly evolved into playing family for all the girls with an occasional unwelcome boy. :)
-Date Night for me and Julia. We went to see some friends in the play Annie. I hadn't seen it in ages and barely held it together for the first part. I was so surprised at how it affected me coming from a different perspective now that we have Allie. It wasn't just cute and fun anymore. But it was nice to get out with Julia.
-playdates with other adoptive families...super fun, no pics though.
-and getting Allie's rash biopsied...not fun to take that girl to yet another painful procedure. But we did get results and China was right: Pityriasis lichenoides. (Yes I had to copy and paste...no way I'm getting that spelled correctly!) We (and the dr here) had thought it wasn't the right diagnosis because they said they never see it in little ones. So again, it's confirmed. Our baby is one rare girl!
We're still waiting for where we go from here to treat it, but in the meantime, we know sun is supposed to help it...and it seems to have cleared it up on her face, arms, and legs, so we resolved to let her run around outside naked. And then I remembered that big scar down her chest that isn't supposed to get sun yet. So here's our solution...I rounded up a very tiny swimsuit. Allie said "fix it" when I put it on and she couldn't get it over her belly. :) Here's hoping this helps. We really don't want the other likely options of long course antibiotics and/or steroids.
That's all for now. We are hitting up the beach one last time this weekend. It's August and we've gotta make the best of our last month of freedom!!
No comments:
Post a Comment