All the days of this month are running together. I think the big kids have only been to school a couple of full days. I know they were off last Wednesday through this Tuesday because of our big 10-11" snow and then teacher workdays. Other than that, not really sure what's happened this month on any specific day. We have played a lot with friends and family. We've had some sports stuff. I've worked a lot and Matt has had his usual work schedule. We have had a slight bit of sickness, but mostly well. Some pics from the last two weeks...
I lost my favorite hat and started crocheting again. Then I found my favorite hat.
Early morning teaching in the girls' room. Allie is usually Julia's compliant student.
What happens when Daddy falls asleep on the job.
First day of snow...it poured all day.
Allie's homework assignment- build a snowman
Gray loves to play "Allie knocks Gray down".
Warming up from the cold.
Trying out cornhole in the new loft Matt and Barnette built inside the garage.
Celebrating our neighborhood friend's one year homecoming from China day. My girls wore their Chinese dresses and I wish I had a picture of Gray, who upon seeing the girls in their dresses asked if he could run back up and change into his "ge ge" (Big Brother) shirt from China.
I am so thankful for these friendships! Allie will grow up seeing that there are lots of families just like hers and knowing wonderful children from China just like her.
Allie with the guest of honor by the smore pit. She was pretty darn happy about her first (I think?) taste of smores.
Tomorrow it's back to the grind for the older kids. Of course Allie and I have already put in two days of work at preschool this week. :) It's going to be a rude awakening for Gray especially, who got to take another trip to Great Wolf Lodge Monday night and is on his way back tonight. And it will be a little tough for Joshua, who was fitted for contacts (!!!) today and is nervous about going to school without his usual look. I remember when he had crutches his 3rd grade school year and forgot them at home one day. He was so nervous to walk into school (even though he had been off them on the weekend at home) because he didn't want the other kids to notice the difference. That's what's going on now. But I think he's going to find them so much better for sports and he did flash a big grin when I reminded him he'd actually be able to swim with goggles and see! It's a trial for a week and we'll check and see how it's going. And I must announce too that Miss Julia does indeed need glasses as well. She's quite excited. Matt did an unofficial test using a beer bottle at a certain distance and proclaimed that she was going to need them and it turns out he was right. They come in in a couple of weeks and I'll post a picture.

Wow, lots going on with your kiddos! Hope contacts go well for Joshua and can’t wait to see Julia in glasses!
ReplyDeleteOur friends from church went to GWL same time as Gray...was he with a friend?