Today Allie is five. She's having a great day. She requested sausage balls and mozzarella sticks for breakfast and got to watch a show while I finished teaching. She Facetimed with Mimi and opened gifts of cds, Frozen 2, lip gloss and crafts. Mimi made her an adorable limerick card about Allie and a unicorn. Joshua gave her a plastic card from an arcade or something that said "Fun Card" and was her ticket to go in the attic and choose one of his stuffed animals to have. Gray made her a scavenger hunt to find her gifts of a unicorn headband he made from her cake topper from last birthday and a coupon to go to Food Lion and choose some treats. He then walked her down there and successfully brought her back with juice, gum, and candy.
She is now playing with Julia and a friend and looking forward to having a couple kids from our circle of friends come to make slime outside tonight. She also got to celebrate with Nanny and Pa the other night.
In honor of her birthday, I wanted to read in her notebook some quotable quotes...It's kind of crazy how I don't remember any of these. After watching some home videos of the boys when they were little, Joshua commented that he guessed Allie never had that stage of baby talk. Of course she did, but I think none of us remember it!
Age 2:
Her reaction when pulling out a book she had previously torn: (very concerned look) "Oh gosh!"
If she's mad at a sibling, she will tearfully say, "Ask Mommy!" (i.e. I'm telling on you)
I sat down to read to her but she held her hand to my mouth and said, "MY read...listen!"Overheard Julia trying to do school with her. Julia: "7 + 3 + 4 = 14"; Allie: "I toot toot."
She yelled out, "Stop the clock!" at the boys' basketball game.
She went to a friend's birthday and learned that it would be her own birthday in July. She woke the next morning and said, "I eat yodurt (yogurt). Not icing. Icing in Julife."
I was singing and clapping and she pointed to my hands and said, "Not this one wight here. Just mouth."
I was frustrated while working on something and responded in a snappy way. She said, "What's your problem?"
At the store she held onto a jar and a bottle of sauce and said, "This my coffee. This my beer."
She loved when Matt held her and Julia together and said, "Look, Mom. We us."
She calls Joshua and Gray her boys. "I miss my boys." "My boys come back."
Was talking to Joshua about nicknames. Joshua said, "You are Allison." She said, "You are Crab."
She was pointing to people with her arms outstretched and saying "Weedo! Weedo!" (Weirdo) I told her that's rude and she said, "Just say quiet?" and made her hands come in a little closer and her voice quieter. I told her no, still rude and she said, "Sorry guys."
Age 3:
Told me, "Brush yours hair Mom. It's a mess."
"I Daddy. I charge."
"Can you tell Raven stop making that noise? I tryin pay attention!" (She was just eating breakfast.)
"I Mommy. You baby. I read this book at you." (to Matt)
"Stop bein' 'rruptin'! I tryin talk at you!" (to me...I was just brushing my teeth!)
"Baby, you scared of thunder and lightning? You need some M&M's?" (to Mimi)

to Gray "I love you but you need take a shower."
She had a grumpy day at school and was grumpy on the way home. We arrived home and Matt met us in the driveway. He and I opened her door to find her chewing a library book. I fussed and she angrily said, "Daddy put it in my mouth!"
While trying to talk about a skunk: "Stunk...sfunk... I can't tell it!!!"
After Joshua tried to tickle her belly, "Stop! I wearin' my pants so my underwear don't fall out!"
(Man singing on radio) "Who's singing this song?...Maybe Jesus."
(About her blanket) "I need it. I love it so bad!"
to Matt: "I not bigger yet. When I'm big like you, I get Mommy to hold me because she's short."
"Can't have too much dessert. Just one amount, right Mom?" Or your stomach ache will get set up, right Mom?"
(After tattling and I told her she's not the parent) "Well I'm a little bit a parent." (Me: No, not at all) "Well I'm 3 and 3's are big, so...."
(When I told her time for nap) "Well, I wanted yogurt and I didn't have any, so....yeah."
Age 4:
We were leaving Food Lion and saw 2 kids in the parking lot. I told her I didn't know who they were. She said, "I don't know either, but the one in the green shorts is my best friend."
to Matt: "I'm 4, wight?" Matt: "yes" Allie: "What's your number?"
After spraying water around the room: "Mmm. Smells like water in here!"
Gray was spinning the globe looking for a city in China. She went over and spun it and said, "I'm looking for Earth."
"Fancy girls wear a lot of lips on the lips, right?"
She learned how to make the "I love you" sign in sign language at school but told everyone it meant bye-bye in Spanish.
After days of listening to Curious George on cd by H. A. Rey, she adds a little something to the end of her sentences. For example, while playing with Joshua: "You cannot come in my house...by H. A. Rey."
When I told her GrandGene was coming and he likes her. "Yeah. He likes me so much.... I don't know why."
"Gray, I want one of your lollipops with a stick and a little trash on the top."
She had been learning about plants at school and then we were reading Madeline stories at home. She was "reading" it to me but stopped at Ms. Clavel. She thought her name was too hard and said, "I'm just going to call her Chlorophyll."After a grumpy weekend: "Mommy, I got my love back! 'Cause I lost it and now I got it back!"
"I have tried mold before and it was just perfect. It was salty."
Insisted to Matt, "It's not 5 golden rings, it's ONION RINGS!"
"Gray, don't catch your sore throat on me!"
"I have a little bit of milk in my nickels, because I have a real baby and my baby's hungry. I have to put my shirt down like this so my baby can breathe."
"Are you getting a baby?" (in my belly) "I'm gettin' Jesus."
We overheard Allie reciting the Tide slogan in her own way: "If it's gotta be clean, it's gotta be washed."
Julia: "Ow, I bit my tongue." Allie: "I bit my ear one time and it still hurts."
When I was making eggs and some got on my hand: "You got milk on your hand. That gooey stuff is from the inside of a cow."
to me: "You're the best grocery storer ever cause you got this ice cream."
"Raven, you can't go outside 'cause you will run away and then you'll probly get a disease. Why does Raven potty outside? If I go potty outside, I'll get grass on my butt."
(after Gray threw a ball at her) "You're my least favorite child!"
"I wish roaches weren't real and I wish unicorns were real and I wish bad people weren't real and good people were real and I also wish big ants weren't real. And flies."




No comments:
Post a Comment