I don't have many pictures from February, but here's what I've got:
This is how we spent much of the month. Julia and I, and sometimes one of the boys, sitting on the bleachers cheering on our team. Overall, I really enjoyed basketball season. There's something so funny about watching these little guys play a game you usually see very serious big guys playing. It was hilarious to me how stoic the refs would be instructing kindergarteners. One in particular was endearing to me because he would call Gray by name and seemed to try to give him more of a chance to do things like throw the ball in when his coach was a little more reluctant to let him have a part.
This was at the championship game, which Joshua played in and lost to what I think was an undefeated team. But these boys had fun together and I enjoyed cheering them on.
This was the first round of the tournament and the last of the brother/cousin face offs. Always fun to watch them all at the same time. I do have a few clips I will try again to post, though the files are huge.
And here's Miss Princess showing her stuff. Actually I think she just has to pee because she proceeded to do so on the floor in the middle of this photo shoot. Lately she's loving learning her letters and the sounds they make. She still claiming the princess title. She's cracking us up with the things she says. She was digging in her pocketbook the other day and pulled out a bead, which she told me was a "relationship". I'm sure there's some deep psychological meaning in that scenario of finding a relationship in a purse:)Had to include this of Joshua and Julia, who were having a little too much fun putting away Julia's clothes together.
The big news with the boys is that the lottery for Gray's school is coming up in a few days and we'll have to decide soon after which school they'll both attend next year. I think we are still undecided at this point so hopefully we'll have a wave of wisdom come through here soon! Gray seems to be doing better at school lately. At least I haven't heard from his teacher and hopefully when he says his day was "really good", he is giving me an accurate picture.
I got to spend some time in Joshua's class today, mostly helping the kids write about what they'd do if they had ruby slippers. Their teacher just finished reading them The Wizard of Oz and they'll be taking a field trip to see it as a play soon. I really enjoy being in his class and helping the kids. They are such a diverse group and boy do they need assistance! I definitely found myself thinking what a difference it would make to have much smaller class sizes and/or more teachers.
That's all for now. Things are slowing down a bit with no more basketball and no plans to do soccer this year so I'm looking forward to more time to be at home and to enjoy the spring. I can't wait to see what flowers are going to come up this year! Have a great weekend!





I kept meaning to ask you about b-ball & if it was over yet..
ReplyDeleteLove that stance of Julia's! And her relationship in the purse made me laugh!
Hope the decision re: the boys' school won't be too difficult for you to make & glad you haven't heard from Gray's teacher lately!
Love all of the pictures. Julia's stance is a classic, the little princess. Julia's and Joshua's smiles are priceless. And of course Gray's basketball pictures are always interesting.
ReplyDelete