Saturday, January 28, 2017

Amazing!

I have been keeping careful track of the adoption expenses, payments, donations and since we have just paid our last bill, I went back through to get the final count and make sure everything was calculated correctly.  When we started this process, $30,000ish seemed crazy and the idea of going into debt that much wasn't the most pleasant feeling, as you can imagine.  I hoped we might raise $10,000, but after our first grant rejection letter, I wasn't even very hopeful about that.  Well here we are at the end and, thanks to grants and wonderful support from friends, family, and even a few acquaintances, we've only had to pay about $7,000--and that is mostly travel stuff, which I didn't intend to raise support for anyway.  Incredible!  Thank you does not seem sufficient to cover the gratitude we feel toward all of you for helping to lift the financial burden of bringing home Allie.  Particularly not knowing what medical expenses await us, it is so great to have most of the adoption costs taken care of.  So many blessings in this process and it makes me go back to what Lisa told us in the very beginning--don't let money be the thing that keeps you from adopting.  So glad we didn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment