Wednesday, June 21, 2017

It's not my favorite

Since our little miss is almost 2 and since it will be harder to do once she's going to preschool in the fall, I decided to try to potty train her.  Also I'm already tired of washing diapers and how after awhile they just never smell clean.  Anyway, in my experience, having potty trained 3 kids previously does not make one an expert or guarantee this process will be easy or fun.  I detest potty training and all those feelings came roaring back to me with child #4 as well.  I think we are on day 4 and she's peed in the little froggy potty a couple times, with lots of celebrating from the family, which she loves.

We know from her first month with us that she's fully able to tell us when she has to go and now from the past few days I know she can hold it too--she often won't give in and go for the first time till 11am when she's been up since 7.  And yet, as with all of our other children, she doesn't like to go potty and you can't make her.  :)

So it's not been fun times around here and I may give up and try later if it doesn't get better.  But for now, in this week we have at home with nowhere to be and not much to do, I'm going for it.  We got her some underwear at the store today.  Smallest size they carried.  They will barely stay up on her!  But she was pretty proud of them.
In other similar news, an unnamed big brother (pictured above) bashfully came down this morning and told me that they had all been up playing with Allie and she had such a smelly dirty diaper that he decided to change it by himself.  He didn't do such a bad job at it either.  Put her clean cloth diaper on backwards, but everything was covered.  He felt embarrassed at doing such a disgusting task, but I was pretty proud.  I thought gaining this baby sister might be character building for the other kids and I think that it has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment