We had a great party in the evening with family from Matt's side as well. Great food- picked up from Chinese restaurant and boiled some frozen dumplings, plus vegetables with Allie's favorite: hummus. We ate, watched the dvd that I did remember, which had home movies of her from 6 months on and Allie loved it. She was making side comments on everything and practicing her words right along with the video. We did gifts, which she loved, and cake, which she loved (except for all the attention, which makes her a little nervous). She played and played and did not want to go to bed ("Play! Play") and babbled in her crib for an hour till Julia came in to go to bed after 9 and she greeted her with her usual "Hi! Hewwo." (Hello, in what I think of as a Ross from friends voice). One happy girl!!
Saturday, July 15, 2017
Allie is 2!
Allie had such a fun time on her birthday! We started the morning at the Museum of Life and Science, where again I found that taking 5 kids out is really not much different than 4, their ages at least. The big kids could stay together and do big kid things near where Allie and I did toddler things and all were happy and no one got lost. :) All of them loved playing in the little stream, which we'd not done before. They each took a turn holding Allie's hand, as there were lots of people and she is still a bit wary of new folks. We left at lunch, gave Allie our gifts, got her down for nap, Julia to camp, another grocery store run, got Joshua and Gray to make the icing and decorate the cake and then thank goodness for my parents arriving because Mama has a gene for effective house cleaning that I did not get. She helped me get ready for the party and Daddy helped entertain the kids. Allie was happy to hang out with him and read her favorite book while I got stuff ready.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment