Thursday, July 13, 2017

Summer Week 5--Can I backtrack a little?

Yep, I had an ominous feeling when I wrote that "Bring it on" statement at the end of my last post...the part where I was so excited about everything going on this week.  I need to take that back.  Let's not bring anything else on.  :)  Sunday was great welcoming the Mussers back from China, but then came Monday and it has just been a hectic week!  Kids going multiple places each day, having a 5th child (actually not too much different than 4 except makes things louder), lots of phone calls trying to schedule appointments, thinking I lost my wallet in Walmart after I had already unloaded my cart, wiping down Raven with vinegar multiple times a day because of her skin issue, some kind of pink-eye like infection for me, 3 trips to the store and another coming tomorrow, the 5th child throwing up (don't worry Amanda!  He's already recovered!), trying to keep everyone quiet so Matt and Allie could sleep, plus the usual breaking up arguments and regular counseling sessions that seem to be always needed.  Whew.  It has felt like a zoo at times and I have not felt very joyful about it.  Probably also has something to do with my decision last week to work on breaking my sugar addiction!  :)  But also a lot about me not feeling happy or at peace when MY plans are not going just the way I want them.








Anyway, I *am* very much looking forward to celebrating Allie's birthday tomorrow.  Not because Allie is excited...she has no clue.  Not because it will be a pinterest-worthy party-- There is no theme.  Julia made a banner and we have a few others that are well-worn to hang.  I bought Allie 3 little gifts and told the older kids to each wrap one.  I bought a box cookie mix and had Joshua and Julia make it tonight and will let whoever has not thrown up decorate it tomorrow however they please.  I did make a dvd of video clips of her but I'm very likely to forget to show it or forget where I put it.  I ordered some Chinese food and will boil some frozen dumplings.  It won't be anything to write home about.  But I'm so excited because it's her first birthday with us.  It's our first chance to celebrate her, kind of like parents get so into their biological kids turning one.  So let's not bring on any more chaos this week, but here's hoping for a few calm and sweet days enjoying family--particularly our Allie.  And please, no one throw up.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I Know the birthday party was fun cause I saw pictures! Looking forward to seeing y'all this week and just think....you can come to the beach and RELAX!

    ReplyDelete