I have worked a ton and done a lot of planning for the next school year. We are making progress on our summer goals... even Julia and I are getting better at our splits!
We went through an "every day at the pool" stint for a bit.
We welcomed our dear friends the Bakers into town and hosted a welcome party for them.
This week marked the first of the summer camps, with Joshua doing basketball and Julia painting. We've had lots of friend time- playdates and sleepovers for all the big kids this week!
And this weekend, the boys are living it up in Virginia Beach for their last tournament.
We have had our moments of bickering. Actually more than moments. Lots of opportunities for counseling and learning to communicate! But overall, we are loving summer. Coming up next month...dum, dum, dum. It's the moment we've been talking about every hour for weeks...(or at least one of us has been talking about it): Allie's 3rd birthday. She is so excited about ice cream, cake, and being old enough to have two "big girl vitamins". And then she adds in a bunch of other expectations for her birthday. Basically if I say we aren't doing it right now, she say, "I do that on my birthday." From eating cookies to sitting in the back seat of the car, she has BIG plans for her day. Let's hope it doesn't disappoint!
She had her first haircut today. I trimmed just a few tiny hairs that have always been longer than the rest. She was so proud to sit on the edge of the bathtub like the brother do when I cut their hair.
In July we'll also be doing Allie's baptism and a big family beach trip, plus Gray has his weeklong camp in Asheville and the others have day camp as well. I know it's going to fly!
No comments:
Post a Comment