Then Monday I headed back to work since my assistant had her baby. I didn't know how it would be adding another thing to my plate, having to get everyone ready in the morning, etc, but it went great. I got a warm welcome from everyone and it felt so comfortable- like I'd never left. It was good to be with the kids one last week and to remember why I enjoy my job!
Wednesday was the last day for the kids-- Water Day! Lots of sun, excitement, and wet children. And just like that, it was time to say goodbye to another year of preschool! Endings are hard when it's been so fun and we did have some tears from sweet children. It was a special week and I was glad it worked out so well.
Julia and I finished the day with a training run, rewarding ourselves by stepping into Food Lion for a drink halfway through. She was especially excited about the drink. This is how she runs down one part of our path--jumping up and touching the trees on her way. She goes from jumping to talking a mile a minute to collapsing as if she cannot move one more muscle...and repeat all that a few times.
Allie had a playdate with Nanny on Monday and part of Wednesday and hung out with Matt Tuesday and part of Wednesday. All went well and she even did great coming in with me on Thursday to clean out the classroom.
Friday Allie and I ran errands to stay out of Matt's hair so he could rest up for his 4th night of work this week. She loved getting some sunglasses at Walmart. She is easy and fun to take places, which I'm grateful for.
Friday night we had our church goodbye to our dear friends who are moving to New York soon. Another ending of an era. Goodbyes are not my favorite. Then Saturday morning we got up and headed over to the Got Grit race, where Julia and I completed the mile, our first race ever, and the brothers did the 5k. I was soo proud of Julia. For all the drama of our training, she really buckled down and focused and ran the entire way, which she hadn't done before. She still talked quite a bit and let out lots of feelings about running- mostly good. She did not like warming up in front of people with Jazzercise, but loved the rest of the race. We finished just under 10 minutes which was so good for us! The boys had great runs too. Gray finished in 24 minutes and something--very close to 3rd place for 10-14 year old boys...he computed and committed to memory exactly how close of course. And Joshua ran with a good friend the whole way and had fun racing him at the very end at a mutually agreed upon point. I was so glad it went well for him, as he's never run that far. He and his friend finished in 27 minutes and something. Fast boys! We had a good time and I especially enjoyed reconnecting with a family I had met at one of the Christmas craft shows who have adopted 5 teen/tween girls from India and China. Super friendly and encouraging folks. Also good to see many of our Hillsborough friends and neighbors. Love living here!
So impressed by all the running!! And by all your blog posts recently! What a great mom to document all of what's going on in each of your kids' lives...and glad I can keep up w/ them this way :)
ReplyDelete