Monday, May 29, 2017

This Week in Pictures

Wednesday: The boys' lacrosse practice got canceled and it was Matt's last night at home till Monday, so we had a rare school night movie night and watched Queen of Katwe, which I'd seen before but no one else had.  Awesome movie.

Thursday: Julia got to bring home her class mascot Lionel for the second time.  She was over the moon excited.

I finally got around to asking (making) the kids to help with the last of the mulch pile.  When they moan and groan like their life is hard, I envision a big pile of mulch on a hot day to help correct their perspective.  

But they did find it kind of fun.  I think Matt and I did too much of it without them.

Friday fun: Dinner party with neighborhood adoptive families.  

Julia really enjoyed playing with Maya (background), who is just 6 months younger.

Allie interacted a little with little Molly, who is 3.


So fun to see these three together, and to anticipate one more Chinese kiddo in our neighborhood joining this crew.

Julia had to get a picture with her friend who was in the Lemurs class last year.

Saturday and Sunday: the boys got to go down to their cousin's birthday party and spend the night.  The girls and I had some time in the car, some naps, and some neighborhood walks.  Julia and I had a "sleepover" after Allie went to bed.

 Monday fun:  Allie is almost at her date where she's cleared to submerge her scar and be picked up normally, so we made an exception and let her try at the pool at our friends' Memorial Day party.
The water was freezing!!  But she loved it.

She was very hesitant to get all the way in but then when I got her out, she'd point back at the float and say "This!".


The kids had a ton of fun (it wasn't as calm as these pictures show!).


No comments:

Post a Comment